Lately I somehow ignored all the projects I started because of the new AVChat IM version.
What is AVChat IM?
Well, it’s an instant messenger (obvious :) ) incredibly fast for websites. The greatest thing about it is that you, as webmaster or site owner you don’t need any server-side setup. You just need to insert into your website some few lines of code and we take care of the rest. More than that, if you have a website based on Joomla! (1.5, 1.6 or 1.7) with JomSocial or Community Builder, Social Engine (3 or 4), vldPersonals (2.x) or phpFox (2.x) it’s even easier. We have prepared plugins for each of these platforms that require just few clicks to install.
Want to know what AVChat IM can do?
- Conversations Tab updated in real time
- Online/Offline text messages
- Real time 3 levels status: Online, Offline and Idle
- File sharing with Drag & Drop support
- Youtube videos and images preview
- Text chat history
- Multi language: English, Spanish and Romanian for the moment
- …and many more
What are the features to come?
- Peer 2 Peer audio/video support
- Localization services
- More languages
- Custom designs
More screenshots here: http://avchat.im/screenshots
How much does it cost?
Nothing. Since it is still in beta, AVChat IM is free for all.
Here is what you have to do to get AVChat IM for your website in few clicks:
- Click here to register a free beta account: http://avchat.im/m/clients/registration
- Follow the registration steps (including email validation)
- Login into your account
- Insert your website URL
- Download one of the wrapped plugins or follow the tutorials for custom embed codes if your website platform is not listed.
- Install it on your website
- Et voilà.
Want to see AVChat IM in action?
There is a demo where you can see AVChat IM fully featured in action: http://avchat.im/community/